Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where Andrew's From

I am from airplanes,
from ships and tour-buses.
I am from glorious beaches,
all around the continent
(deep blue, learning to swim)
I am from the rain forests and desperate deserts,
from fields, boxing with kangaroos
waking up drosy koalas sleeping in the branches,
to see them crawl up in their gumtrees

I am from greasy meat and golden fries,
from dark chocolate and sweet strawberries
my mouth dripping with saliva,
shoving food down my throat with my bare hands

I am from praise and worship
jumping up and down shouting for life
I am from sundays never without churches
From God and for God my life continues

I am from new cities and houses,
from new schools and friends.
digging my way through english
Thou teaching me like the british

I am from belly fat, who left as soccer came
then basketball and volleyball,
even tennis visited me.
Under my pillow, old stories lie
whom never became close friends

I am from those sympathetic days,
from never worries and never tears.
Still one big family with no missing pieces.
I am from bliss, and will continue my road to merriment.

2 comments: